Sunday, May 22, 2011

More Harlem Brownstone Love

Yesterday, as we walked through Harlem on our way to Fairway's Customer Appreciation BBQ, Mr. Love Bird and I admired the brownstones in the nearby historic district. We aspire to purchase and renovate a brownstone (check out the WSJ's recap of such a renovation), and I thought it would be fun to continue to highlight a few nearby brownstones as I've done before:

This is on my block {photo credit: Harlem Bespoke}


I adore the contrasting colors of the wood
The green walls are so bold, and the Anglophile in me loves those chairs!
Speechless

 This lovely brownstone was featured in Elle Decor:


What amazing light!
The unique rug print draws me in and the window molding is gorgeous!
This reminds me of Newport, RI; very nautical
Those shells are a great way to bring nature indoors
Loving these original mahogany shutters
Finally, this well appointed brownstone a couple blocks away left us breathless {photo credit}:

Corner home is ideal
Beautiful woodwork
This would be perfect for entertaining
I'd love to invite my girlfriends over for a SATC marathon here!
This is where the guys could hang out during the SATC marathon!
This room has an old-school, yet modern feel to it

2 comments:

  1. Wooooow, these are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful! We live in the Mount Morris Park area of Harlem. Our brownstone is nice, but unfortunately we rent (2nd floor only). I dream of the day when we can have one of these beautiful, historic brownstones of our very own!

    ReplyDelete